[Openswan Users] best config for Windows2003

Remigiusz Stachura remigiusz.stachura at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 07:09:05 EDT 2007

Hi,
 I have a setup with a linux server connecting to a Windows 2003
server using IPsec in PSK host-to-host transport mode. Only linux sent
files to windows server. The linux server is using Openswan 2.4.6 on
kernel 2.6.18. Windows side uses default configuration for IKE SA and
IPSEC SA lifetime. What values should I set for IKELIFETIME and
KEYLIFE and does linux should have set: rekey=yes or rekey=no?
What should I set: auto=add or auto=start if linux server sent 300MB
files every 12-20 hours.

R.S.