[Openswan Users] l2tp pass-through

Jax cybercorecentre at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:11:06 EDT 2007

Hi folks!

I read this thread about the topic
http://hardware.mcse.ms/message13735.html but I don't get smarter.
Basically I have only one question:

If I have a winxp l2tp/ipsec client on a nat do I need to forward any
port to it for connecting to a vpns server which has public IP?

Without reading further documents I think it does not need anything for
the client. It's an up to date sp2 which means it already has the NAT-T
patch. IPSec in transport mode on the XP machine but it does not send a
single packet I guess this has nothing to do with it. So it should go
through on any router without portforwarding, right?

Regards,

Jax