[Openswan Users] VPN Ipsec, I can't browse

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Sep 29 03:21:05 EDT 2006

Miranda, Roberto wrote:

> *I have a VPN server OpenSwan (2.4.5) on Linux debian with l2tp and ppp. *
> *The connection was established with no problem. VPN server (l2tp)
> assigns IP, DNS and wins address for internal network (LAN). ***
> *I have connectivity but I can’t browse my Network Neighborhoods.*

All other clients and servers will have to be configured to use
the same DNS and WINS server as the VPN client. Otherwise
the server \\pc is not known to the WINS server and the client
can't find it.

Also make sure you installed the "Client for Microsoft Networking"
in the network settings at the client.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl