[Openswan Users] Openswan Linux Client to SonicWall Windows Server.

Bas Driessen bas.driessen at xobas.com
Thu Sep 28 18:01:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 18:34 +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Bas Driessen wrote:
>
> > Thanks Paul, I have changed my leftsubnet as follows:
> >
> > leftsubnet=192.168.1.13/32
>
> That's likely wrong too. What is it that you are trying to do? As in,
> don't give us the error, give us your intended goal. Connect what with
> what?

OK Paul, this is what I am trying to do. I have a Linux machine with IP
number 192.168.1.13. This is my work linux client desktop machine (= not
some backoffice server etc.) I want to create a client connection to a
SonicWALL VPN server with ip 66.nnn.nnn.nnn.  How should I define my
left and my right? My understanding is that left is my local linux
machine, while right is the remote server.

> People tend to use /32 as subnet only because of a misconfiguration
> somewhere, or because they haven't enabled NAT-T.

nat traversal is enabled. I am sure that I have something mis configured
mainly for the reason that I can't find any simple example on the web
with a simple scenario I have. client linux PC to SonicWALL VPN. Most
documents are how to connect up 2 networks.