[Openswan Users] Openswan Linux Client to SonicWallWindows Server.

Fernando Blankleder fernandoblankleder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 09:15:51 EDT 2006

Hi, im running 7 tunnels to a Sonicwall t170 Enhanced, with no problems at all, if you send the sonicwall configuration to the list i think that i can help you, im sending (attached) my Ipsec.conf, Ipsec.secrets and a screen capture of the sonicwall config

---------------------------- ipsec.conf ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
version 2.0 # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration

config setup
 interfaces=%defaultroute
 # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
 klipsdebug=none
 plutodebug=none
 uniqueids=yes

conn block
    auto=ignore
conn private
    auto=ignore
conn private-or-clear
    auto=ignore
conn clear-or-private
    auto=ignore
conn clear
    auto=ignore
conn packetdefault
    auto=ignore

conn ToSonic
 type=tunnel
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 auto=start
 pfs=yes
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )

 rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall2
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )
 rightsubnet=192.168.3.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall3
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )
 rightsubnet=192.168.4.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall4
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )
 rightsubnet=192.168.5.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall5
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=216.41.108.242
 rightsubnet=192.168.6.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall6
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )
 rightsubnet=192.168.7.0/24
 keyexchange=ike

conn ToSonicwall7
 type=tunnel
 auto=route
 auth=esp
 authby=secret
 pfs=yes
 keyingtries=1
 dpddelay=60
 dpdtimeout=120
 dpdaction=clear
 left=%defaultroute
 leftsubnet=192.168.80.0/24
 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ( Sonicwall IP HERE )
 rightsubnet=192.168.8.0/24
 keyexchange=ike
ipsec.secrets

: PSK "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" Same as in Sonicwall Textbox