[Openswan Users] ikeping working?

Michael Williamson mikewill at twcny.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 15:51:09 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why I can't initiate an ipsec tunnel (I never
get through Phase I) and I am trying to do an ikeping and see what's
going on...

Here is what I type:

 > ipsec ikeping --ikeport 2020 --nat-t --verbose 24.97.115.82
And I get back a:
Sending packet to 24.97.115.83/500

immediately, no 10 second timeout, no verboseness, no nothing.   And
nothing appears to go out on the network (at least, nothing that
tcpdump, snoop, and ethereal will admit).

 > ipsec --version
Linux Openswan U2.4.4/K2.6.15-26-386 (netkey)
See `ipsec --copyright' for copyright information.

Couldn't find anything in /var/log to indicate a problem.... Am I
suffering from cockpit error here?  Does ikeping work?

Thanks,

-Mike