[Openswan Users] How to setup a L2TP/IPSEC server for linux

Denis Hawkins denis.hawkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 06:00:13 EDT 2006

Hi.

I am very new to the entire openswan setup for L2TP over IPSEC for Linux.
Can anyone give me list of the Best RPM's combination of software for
the following Linux Distributions, which install without errors.

OpenSUSE 10.1 (Best kernel or latest version?)

Openswan?
L2TPD?
PPP?

Fedora Core 4 or 5 (Best kernel or latest version?)

Openswan?
L2TPD?
PPP?

I am looking at installing a L2TP over IPSEC server that has static IP
address assigned to both Inside and outside addresses over an ethernet
connection, using XP and windows 2003 clients.

Thanks

- Denis