[Openswan Users] Xen, Amazon EC2, and the art of OpenSWAN

Michael Nguyen michaeln at twentyten.org
Wed Sep 13 08:26:10 EDT 2006

From: "Paul Wouters" <paul at xelerance.com>
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Michael Nguyen wrote:

[snip]

>> Sep 12 19:46:48 sandycat pluto[12682]: Using Linux 2.6 IPsec interface
>> code
>> on 2.6.16-xenU
>> Sep 12 19:46:48 sandycat pluto[12682]: FATAL ERROR: Failed to bind bcast
>> socket in init_netlink(). Errno 2: No such file or directory
>>
>> I did a search before posting and I found some similar probelms but
>> didn't
>> see a definitive answer.  Are suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I vaguely remember being hit by that myself. I am not sure what was the
> cause.
> Check if SElinux is enabled, and disable it if it is not. Double check
> your
> ip address hasn't changed and is wrong in the config file.

Yes, you answered a thread about this earlier, but the thread seemed to die
without a conclusion.

SELinux is disabled.  The IP address I have has not changed.

When you say the config file, you mean my ipsec.conf, correct?

config setup
        plutodebug="none"
        nat_traversal=yes
        virtual_private=%v4:10.1.1.0/24

conn internap
     left=216.182.228.41
     leftsubnet=216.182.228.0/25
     leftid=@AmazonEC2
     leftxauthclient=yes
     right=207.115.74.31
     rightsubnet=10.1.1.0/24
     rightxauthserver=yes
     rightid=@ABCDEABCDE01
     keyingtries=0
     pfs=yes
     aggrmode=yes
     auto=add
     auth=esp
     esp=3des-md5-96
     ike=3des-md5-96
     authby=secret
     xauth=yes

Probably more information than you need (or maybe than I should share!) but
I really want to see if this would work.  Thanks, guys.

Michael