[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSEC Widnows Mobile 5.0

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Sat Sep 2 07:56:25 EDT 2006

I've got some news.

It sems to me that's not a a problem with the linux side. Ive used ethereal
at ipsec0, straced pppd proccess and increased debug of openswan and pppd
and there ins't a single error in it. Just a request to disconnect from the
windows mobile side. And since I can't find a way to debug information from
windows mobile, It's quite a dead end.

As Paul mentioned, looks like a problem with l2tp/ipsec stack from windows
mobile 5.0. It won't work, no matter what I do. If anyone has ANY
sugestions, I'll take it. At this point, I'm really out of options fot it.

So I went another way. I'm currently trying some ipsec clients for windows
mobile, and the only one I found so far that could work is NCP Secure Entry
CE. As a matter fact, I've downloaded (trial) and configured sucessfully to
interopt with openswan. I can ping the other site and open an http from
within the remote network. Looks good.

What I meant to ask is if there is any free ipsec client, such as
lsipsectool, for windows mobile. NCP Secure Entry CE is a bit expensive. If
there isn't, someone might consider developing one. Mobile platform it's
here to stay.

Thanks,

Giovani