[Openswan Users] win-xp (sp2) with nat-t not working with dsl

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Oct 23 11:39:25 EDT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Gbenga wrote:

> Ok, I see this is a bug that is under consideration. Is the fix going into the 2.4.7 release?
>
> http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=541&nbn=4

That is a resolved bug. There is no fix for fragmentation. Try setting your
external mtu on the vpn server to 1472 or 1450.

> conn %default
>         authby=secret|rsasig

I whould just set this to rsasig, esp. since you are using certificates

> conn l2tp-syseng
>         left=10.10.1.57
>         leftsubnet=10.10.1.57/32

you should not be setting subnet options, since l2tp is a transport mode
host-host connection. (with the exception of the rightsubnet to support
NAT-T.

>         rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv

So that's ok.

>         compress=yes
>         disablearrivalcheck=no
>         type=tunnel

That is wrong for l2tp. It must be transport mode. If your openswan then
complains about the rightsubnet, comment out the type line completely.