[Openswan Users] Tunnel on demand?

Stefan Denker Stefan at dn-kr.de
Fri Oct 20 10:59:01 EDT 2006

Hello,

This might not be directly openswan, but I'll ask anyway...

so, I've successfully established a connection between
Openswan/Netkey(local) and a Cisco VPN 3000(remote). Now the
administrator of the remote site doesn't like to have the tunnel
established all the time, it should only be established if it is
actually used.

So, I have to figure out some way to implement "Dial on demand" with
openswan, some way to transparently establish the tunnel if some local
machine tries to connect to some remote machine. Any hints about how to
do that?

TIA

Stefan
--
Fundamentales Bastard-Gesetz der Systemadministration (FBGSA):
Die Mehrzahl aller Rechnerprobleme erledigen sich von alleine, wenn man erstmal