[Openswan Users] FTP transfer problems with Openswan (repost)

Denis Hawkins denis.hawkins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:19:03 EDT 2006

Hi

This is a re-post on an FTP Problem I am having with Openswan.

I have just setup a basic network as follows:

INSIDE XPHost (ftpserver)--------Switch-------Openswan Linux
server--------Switch---------XPHost (ftp client) OUTSIDE

I have setup an FTP server using (CERBERUS) and a FILEZILLA FTP client.

I have turned off the Firewall on my Linux Server and both my XP clients.

I am also using the XP cmd line in dos promt to try and connect to the ftp
server, with no luck.

Basically FTP transfer works perfect without an Openswan IPSEC tunnel. But
as soon
as I begin the tunnel, FTP does not transfer files anymore.

My Linux server is running suse 10.1, using Openswan version 2.4.4 with
L2TPD using Preshared Keys.
I have set my MTU on the outside interface to 1472 and inside interface to
1400.

ping works fine with any interface and host with IPSEC running.

Any ideas on this problem?

thanks

- Denis