[Openswan Users] Openswan vs Windows IPsec

Hoffman, Jon Jon.Hoffman at acs-inc.com
Thu Oct 19 16:59:00 EDT 2006

Hi,
The company I work for is looking at implementing an IPsec solution that
will create an encrypted tunnel between us and one of our business partners.
I business partner uses Cisco for their end of the tunnel.
We are looking at two possible solutions right now, an Openswan running on
Linux or using the IPsec that comes witn Windows 2003.  I am personally
pushing the openswan solution because I am more familiar with Linux then I
am with windows. Can anyone help me with advantages of openswan over windows
IPsec.
I am not looking for windows is bad answers, I need something to bring to my
supervisors in a meeting tomorrow.
Thanks for any help y'all can provide

Jon