[Openswan Users] openswan + l2tpd + iptables problem

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Oct 18 17:23:15 EDT 2006

Filip wrote:

> I tried both -- not together -- require-mppe and noccp but without any
> luck.

OK, what messages do you get then?

> I took a closer look at the logs, and it seems that the pppd mtu option
> from the configuration file is simply ignored. The client asks for a mru
> of 1400, and pppd just acknowledges that, and then possibly starts sending
> packets which are to big and do not get through.

I'm not so sure about that because the PPP negotiation almost completes.
The main differences between your two logs is that the BE client gives up
CCP negotiation after the server says it does not support MPPE and
compression also does not complete.

> I haven't recreated the CMAK profile to disable encryption yet.

You could use the New Connection Wizard to create one manually.

BTW, if you are using the CMAK, I assume you are paying for
Windows Server licences? But you still prefer to use Linux
with Openswan?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl