[Openswan Users] Roadwarrior (lsipsectool) configuration with openswan

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Oct 17 12:11:49 EDT 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Gbenga wrote:

> I have made some adjustment and I can now see IPSec SA established in the log, but I still cannot connect to the 10.10.0.0/16 subnet. I remember that the way to bring up the vpn connection with lsipsectool is to ping one of the subnet ip addresses. The ping didn't bring up the vpn connection.
>
> Any more thing to lookout for?

Check the logs on the Windows and Linux machine?
If a ping from a cmd window does not trigger "Negotiating" lines, then the
IPsec policy probably did not get started or is misconfigured.

> Oct 17 14:29:43 digimon pluto[19446]: "syseng-lan-access" #175: IPsec SA established
> Oct 17 14:29:43 digimon pluto[19446]: "syseng-lan-access" #174: ignoring informational payload, type NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN

Looks like two instances of the same connection are fighting? Stop IPsec on
windows, then restart openswan, and start windows ipsec again?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904811255/104-3099591-2946327?n=283155