[Openswan Users] How to use Openswan on ARM platform

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 13 14:03:29 EDT 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, shuzhihua wrote:

> Sir:
>     I am newer using Openswan on ARM platform.I met some question ,such as "Pluto" doesnot run,etc.
> Could you give some resoures about Openswan on ARM platform ,from scratch .Thank you!

In general:

1) setup the cross compiler properly
2) make sure you have libgmp compiled for the target architecture.

example for 1)

export ARCH=arm
export USERCOMPILE=-Os
export TOOLCHAINNAME=arm-linux-uclibc
#Includes libgmp please!
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$TOOLCHAINROOT/lib"
export DESTDIR=$XCOMPILEHOME/installroot
# Don't touch these
export PATH=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin:$PATH
#export CC="$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-gcc -I/home/paul/mips/gmpinstall/include"
export CC="$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-gcc -I$TOOLCHAINROOT/include"
export LD=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-ld
export RANLIB=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-ranlib
export AR=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-ar
export SR=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-as
export STRIP=$TOOLCHAINROOT/bin/$TOOLCHAINNAME-strip

Then a regular build, with proper KERNELSRC should work.

You will need these varaibles to properly compile libgmp as well.