[Openswan Users] L2TP / IPSEC (certificate) with Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Oct 9 17:02:37 EDT 2006

Dick wrote:

> No, I'm not using NAT (I'm connecting from an Internet IP address)

Well, the Cisco server could be using NAT. Then again, the Windows
client works, so that cannot be it.

> ipsec auto --listcerts tells me:
000        pubkey:    512 RSA Key HIDEHIDEH, has private key
000        validity: not before Feb 18 10:54:20 2006 ok
000                  not after  Feb 18 11:04:20 2007 ok

This is your client cert, right? Then you are using rightid="CN=server"
or rightid=@server, and there is no rightcert= line?

Did you install the CA cert correctly? Check the Openswan startup
messages or use ipsec auto --listcerts

I suggest you also take a look at the Cisco logs (if possible) and
see why it is rejecting the connection.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl