[Openswan Users] openswan fragmentation

Jason Sigurdur Jason.Sigurdur at aspenview.org
Fri Oct 6 16:39:32 EDT 2006

Hi, I have 2 linux fc5 systems using gre over ipsec transport.

System a. 172.16.50.1
	10.0.0.1/24

System b. 172.16.50.2
	10.0.0.2/24

If I ssh from 172.16.50.1 to 172.16.50.2 and tcpdump esp packets, the ip
'id' field is > 0 and the offset = 0. Would this mean that the packets
are being fragmented ?

If I ssh from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.2 'in side the gre tunnel' , and do a
tcpdump of exp traffic all the ip 'id' fields are 0.

I am confused to what is happening. Why is the outside to outside ssh
session getting fragmented and not the inside 'gre' session?

Thx jason