[Openswan Users] Resource temporarily unavailable auto=route

frage.schnell1 at gmx.de frage.schnell1 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 08:49:28 EST 2006

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:39:10 +0100
> From: "frage schnell" <frage.schnell1 at gmx.de>
>
> I use the auto=route to bild a automatic conetion to a host
> If I try to use the conection first time I get Resource
> temporarily unavailable on the 2. time all works fine. I use
> now a ping to open the tunnel but It is not the way I like
>
> >ping sechost
> connect: Resource temporarily unavailable
> > # ping sechost
> PING xxxxxx (xx.xx.xx.xx) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from xxxxxx (xx.xx.xx.xx): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=67.1 ms
> 64 bytes from xxxxxx (xx.xx.xx.xx): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=66.5 ms
>
> conn tunnel
>                 left=%defaultroute
>                 leftsubnet=192.168.3.2/32
>                 leftnexthop=192.168.3.1
>                 leftcert=tunnel-cert.pem
>                 right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>                 rightcert=tunnel2.pem
>                 auto=route
>                 pfs=yes
>                 dpddelay=30
>                 dpdtimeout=120
>                 keylife=8m
>                 rekey=no

Is there a reason your using auto=route? For a connection like yours
Where you have static ip's on both sides, I would use auto=start.
Which will start the connection at pluto start. Also rekey=yes to keep
It up. For some reason everyone is trying auto=route lately, but start
Works much better for 99% of connections.

Peter