[Openswan Users] RES: Can use the character "/" in my rightid DN?

Mendes, Marco Marco.Mendes at avocent.com
Fri Nov 24 06:52:30 EST 2006

Thanks for your response!

Actually, I could make it work by taking the rightid parameter out and
including the rightcert into the ipsec.conf. It means that I had to put
the Cisco certificate (pem format) into my Linux machine in order to
Openswan reads the Cisco ID without having to declare it with those
strange characters.
Do you guys see any security problems by putting the Cisco certificate
into my remote Linux machines?

Thanks in advance,

Marco Mendes.