[Openswan Users] IPsec Tunnel(with IPV6 address ends points) Fails If Client is IPV6

Socrates Socrates socrates.socrates at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 04:06:31 EST 2006

Hi

I am using openswan (openswan_2.4.6) that's included in OpenWRT's
Whiterussian RC5 release to establish an IPSec tunnel using IPV6 addresses
as end points (by specifying ipv6, in ipsec.conf).
I further specify (using tunnelipv6 in ipsec.conf) that the client traffic
should be interpreted as using IPV6 addresses.

The problem:
When I start up IPSec I get: "pfkey write() of SADB_X_ADDFLOW message 5 for
flow %trap failed. Errno 123: Protocol family not supported" and the tunnel
is never established.

When I change tunnelipv6 to tunnelipv4 (and also change the client adrresses
accordingly), then the IPSec tunnel is established.

The Question:
Is that the case that openswan does not support IPV6 traffic over IPSec
tunnel with IPV6 end-points?

Will appreciate your comment;

Regards;