[Openswan Users] Connecting Subnets through Ipsec :- Doubts

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 03:11:54 EST 2006

Hi
  I am trying to test VPN for subnet connection ,  I
am reading the book "Building and Integrating Virtual
Private Network  with OpenSwan " By Paul Wouters and
Ken

I am following the examples from the book

Sun Set  ---  WEST -------  EAST --- Sun Rise

I got little confused , my doubts are

1> To connect Subnets through Ipsec , Do I need to
"host to host " tunnel running .

2> I plan to use  Linux as Ipsec server on WEST and
EAST , if the configuration is correct , to connect
"West to East ", do I need only to restart the ipsec
on both sides ?.

		Thanks
                    Joseph John