[Openswan Users] WinXP Roadwarrior cannot connect to xl2tpd

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Nov 7 11:12:28 EST 2006

Stefan Denker wrote:

> I am trying to connect my Home workstation(WinXP for testing,
> NATed behind my openswan gateway) to the network at
> work using openswan(netkey), xl2tpd 1.04 and certificates.
>
> conn khdn-rw
>         right=%any
>         rightsubnet=vhost:%priv,%no
>         rightprotoport=17/%any

Could you try with rightprotoport=17/1701? For some reason the
combination of the three lines above results in L2TP packets
being sent in the clear (Paul?).

Unfortunately this change means that MacOS X clients are excluded.
Do you use Macs?

>         dpddelay=60
>         dpdtimeout=240
>         dpdaction=clear

By the way, this won't work with Windows and Mac clients because
they don't support Dead Peer Detection. It will be ignored but if
you also have Linux L2TP/IPsec clients it could be of use.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl