[Openswan Users] KLIPS with Suse10.0 or Suse10.1 ?

armin schaefer armin.schaefer1 at freenet.de
Sat Nov 4 11:25:46 EST 2006

Hello alltogether,

does someone succeed using KLIPS as IPSec stack with Suse 10.0 oder 10.1
Standard Kernel? Fore some reason I would prefer KLIPS instead of
NETKEY. Up to now I failed in compiling the Standard Kernel from SuSE
10.0 oder 10.1. I couldn't build an Kernel nor IPSec as LKM,  which I
would prefer. The reason for KLIPS is filtering with iptables (support
of ipsecX-Interfaces), I don't need NAT-Traversal.

Compliation with an Kernel from kernel.org and patching worked ok, but
for some reason I wana use the SuSE Kernel.

If someone succeeded: Witch openswan version ( SuSE 10.0, 10.1 use
OpenSwan-2.4.4 and NETKEY), witch Patch-Versions?

Thanks for your response.

Armin