[Openswan Users] Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets) [DISABLED]

André Marascalchi Zenun andre.zenun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:43:54 EST 2006

Hello everybody!

I finally have my kernel running and OpenSwan 2.4.6 running!
I just have one issue that I'm not sure if is serious!

When I execute "ipsec verify" I get the following:

Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.4.6/K2.4.7rc2 (klips)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)             [DISABLED]
  ipsec showhostkey: no default key in "/etc/ipsec.secrets"
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing                                  [N/A]
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                              [DISABLED]

I would like to know why I get this "[DISABLED]" in the RSA private key
verification!

In the ipsec.secrets I have this:

: RSA /etc/ipsec.d/private/vpnKey.pem

This is the default when I install OpenSwan using APT!

Could some one give some help?

Thanks!

André