[Openswan Users] IKE v2

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Thu Nov 2 08:25:21 EST 2006

Hi Mike,

strongswan-4.0 has IKEv2 support. It can be downloaded from

  http://www.strongswan.org/

EAP functionality is planned for 2007. What you can do right now
is mixed IKE authentication. The VPN gateway has an X.509 certificate
and uses RSA authentication whereas the VPN clients are using
distinct pre-shared keys. You can find a configuration example
(ipsec.conf, ipsec.secrets) under the link.

  http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults4/ikev2/rw-psk-rsa-split/

IKEv2 mode is selected with the connection option keyexchange=ikev2.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65