[Openswan Users] testing of openswan IPSec SA not established

karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com
Fri May 19 21:10:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am implementing IPSec using openswan in snapgear linux platform . I
have configured openswan on both the ends and have configured the IPSec
conf file and the secrets on both the ends .

When i run the pluto daemon on both the ends and then give the ipsec
auto --up command on both the ends . I get these messages .

104 "net-net" #223: STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate

106 "net-net" #223: STATE_MAIN_I2: sent MI2, expecting MR2

108 "net-net" #223: STATE_MAIN_I3: sent MI3, expecting MR3

004 "net-net" #223: STATE_MAIN_I4: ISAKMP SA established

112 "net-net" #224: STATE_QUICK_I1: initiate

010 "net-net" #224: STATE_QUICK_I1: retransmission will wait 20 sec for
response

010 "net-net" #224: STATE_QUICK_I1: retransmission will wait 40 sec for
response

031 "net-net" #224: maximum number of retransmission reached
STATE_QUICK_I1

After the initiate message is come the IPSec SA established message
should come i think . I am not able to get that. Please can anyone help
me in this and say how to resolve this problem. wat could be the problem
and how to proceed about solving it. I think the first phase is complete
if the IPSec SA established comes it is right , can anyone help me on
how to get the last phase done and solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards

Karthik

www.wipro.com