[Openswan Users] Re: Creating Win XP vpn connection

peters at exemplar-associates.com peters at exemplar-associates.com
Thu May 18 11:24:50 CEST 2006

> Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:33:00 +0200
> From: Stefan Denker
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 04:03:32PM +0000, peters wrote:
>=20
> > DeviceName.....WAN miniport (L2TP)
> > Server IP add  192.168.0.55
> > The ping behaviour is still the same.
>=20
> Turn off your firewall.=20
>=20
> Assuming you're using iptables:=20
> iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
> iptables -F=20
>=20
> Then try to ping again.=20

With the firewall turned-off everything seems to be working.
I am trying to set-up the firewall using Firestarter and thought
it was ok for a while but this morning it is not behaving again.

It is a firewall issue. I have ports 500, 4500 and 445 open
and I thought that would be enough. Oddly Firestarted doesn't
log any rejections.

I am just glad to have got it working at all, thanks everyone.
The next big step is to try to connect it to the outside world
and see if we can connect from outside.

Peter