[Openswan Users] Creating Win XP vpn connection

peters at exemplar-associates.com peters at exemplar-associates.com
Mon May 15 15:37:16 CEST 2006

Well I seem to have created an L2tp connection even if I did take
a short-cut to get there.

Windows says the connection is up and a little icon appears in the
corner.

When I view the connection properties it gives me the sort of info
I was expecting. The ip address shown is the secure one but I can't
ping it. Should I be able to ? Also I can still ping the =22normal=22
ip addr of the Linux server. I am not sure that is right.

Now that I have something working, even if it is just across the
office (20 feet;-), I need to work out what I can do with it.

Many thanks for everyones patient and help.

Peter