[Openswan Users] NAT-T support

Michael Surette msurette at laframboise.net
Fri May 12 18:04:44 CEST 2006

I have complied a new kernel after applying the KLIPS and NAT-T patches
(openswan 2.4.5 and kernel 2.6.16.14).  When I start up ipsec and run

ipsec verify

it gives me the following...

Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                             	[OK]
Linux Openswan 2.4.5 (klips)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                        	[OK]
KLIPS detected, checking for NAT Traversal support          	[FAILED]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)           	[OK]
Checking that pluto is running                              	[OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding        	[OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing                              	[OK]
Checking for 'ip' command                                   	[OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                             	[OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                            	[DISABLED]

What could I be missing for NAT Traversal support?

Mike