[Openswan Users] Connecting two ipsec tunnels

Jett, Nathan NJett at rpmstaff.com
Thu May 11 15:27:26 CEST 2006

Paul

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure if I fully understand your answer.  I have pasted my config below
perhaps if that helps.

---------From ipsec.conf----------
conn customer
        type=tunnel
        left=234.234.234.234
        leftsubnet=192.168.52.0/24
        leftnexthop=%defaultroute
        right=123.123.123.123
        rightsubnet=192.168.100.50/32
        rightnexthop=%defaultroute
        auth=esp
        keyexchange=ike
        esp=3des-sha1
        ike=3des-sha1-modp1024
        pfs=no
        authby=secret
        auto=start

conn remoteoffice
        type=tunnel
        left=234.234.234.234
        leftsubnet=192.168.52.0/24
        leftnexthop=%defaultroute
        right=12.12.12.12
        rightsubnet=192.168.200.0/24
        auth=esp
        esp=3des-md5
        keyexchange=ike
        ike=3des-md5-modp1024
        authby=secret
        auto=add

I was thinking that I could use iptables masquerade feature to make traffic coming from addresses
in the 192.168.200.0/24 subnet look like they are coming from a 192.168.52.X IP address.  But
please let me know if there is a simpler answer.

Thanks,
Nathan