[Openswan Users] Multiple left=AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD

Radek Antoniuk r.antoniuk at pixel.com.pl
Thu May 11 18:19:12 CEST 2006

Laurent CARON wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'd like to get a little bit more redundancy on my VPN tunnels.
 >
 > Here is the idea.
 >
 > The main sites has 2 different ISP.
 > The openswan gateway has 2 public IPs
 >
 > I need the other ends of the vpn to try the first one if it is
 > available, and if unavailable, the second one.
 >
 > What would be the best way to achieve this goal ?
 >

 > I yhink having right=XX.XX.XX.XX two times would not be correct.

I have though about this thing as well recently.
And looking forward to anyone's answer
The thing that bothers me, is how openswan then should know that for
instance, the main network link is down and it should use the second ip.
I mean, let's assume situation that we have 2 WAN connections and one of
them get's down. And I'd like openswan to switch the tunnel to the
backup one and then to restore it when it's back again.
However I'm still not sure if is not supposed to be a function of the
routing itself.

--
Radek