[Openswan Users] Pluto dumps core with natted client

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue May 9 21:42:20 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Stefan Denker wrote:

> >> pluto[20056]: "conntest"[1] $remote_public_ip #1: WARNING: compute_dh_shared(): for OAKLEY_GROUP_MODP1536 took 220392 usec
> > Wow, this machine has some serious hardware issues. What is it? :)

> P90, 92MB RAM, 1GB SCSI HD. Got it for ~2$ in 2001. Hardware Donations
> are always welcome!

Oh, it is of type "door stop" :)

> >> * Are there any known incompabilities to the grsecurity-Kernel-patch?
> >>   Would it make sense to try again without it?
> > Not for this. This is a userland problem, not a kernel issue.
>
> And generally speaking?

We had issues in the past, but I think it should work fine now. Let me know :)

> >> * Are there known issues when connecting different versions of
> >>   openswan?
> > openswan 2.2.x has known issues. upgrade to 2.4.5.
>
> Will do, then. Although I am not sure if this machine will finish
> compiliing before the release of 2.4.6 *g*

you can compile kernel and openswan module on another machine :)

> BTW, any reason why you're mailing off-list?

I didn't, but your email came in my main mailbox without the CC: to the
list, so I manually added it back. same for this email.