[Openswan Users] openswan and FC4

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Mon May 8 13:07:35 CEST 2006

Just noticed an strange behavior with openswan-2.4.5 and FC4.

When stopping the service with 'service ipsec stop' I get:

ipsec__plutorun: /usr/local/lib/ipsec/_plutorun: line 211: fg: no job control
ipsec__plutorun: !pluto failure!:  exited with error status 1
ipsec__plutorun: restarting IPsec after pause...
kernel: IPSEC EVENT: KLIPS device ipsec0 shut down.
ipsec_setup: ...Openswan IPsec stopped
ipsec_setup: Stopping Openswan IPsec...
ipsec_setup: stop ordered, but IPsec does not appear to be running!
ipsec_setup: doing cleanup anyway...
ipsec_setup: KLIPS debug `none'
ipsec_setup: KLIPS ipsec0 on eth1
ipsec_setup: ...Openswan IPsec started
ipsec_setup: Restarting Openswan IPsec 2.4.5...

For some reason it can't stop the process, forces a stop and then restarts. As a result I can't stop ipsec unless I manually kills the processes. Any fix for those?

Cheers,

Giovani