[Openswan Users] routing to subnet behind openswan gw

Freight Car freightcar at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:47:55 CEST 2006

I checked the IP sec outgoing policy for ip filter list when i change
destination address to subnet 172.16.8.0/24 instead of host ip addres
172.16.8.1, the policy will match the packets and i get "negotiating
ip security" message. this is the same when I set private
address/network mask in lsipsectool to network instead of host
address. i guess it shoul be the network. but now the tunnel never
comes up. any ideas? i hade the auth by certificates, but to eliminate
problems with certs for testing I am using PSK.

thanks
henro