[Openswan Users] routing to subnet behind openswan gw

Freight Car freightcar at gmail.com
Thu May 4 10:44:21 CEST 2006

hi

i have a problem with seting up openswan vpn. i tried few different
configurations and still stuck at "negotiating ip security"
I tried NAT network, routed and no luck.
I have a debian linux gateway and want to connect to it from xp clients. I
using ipsec tool from http://vpn.ebootis.de/
my question is do i need to setup a route to (private) network behind the
gateway? or the route is added automatically?
when I have the route, if the policy is on I get the "negotiating.." if
policy is of i can get to the net so I assume there shoud be no route at
all.

thanks
henro