[Openswan Users] question about using openswan with adsl

Stefan Denker Stefan at dn-kr.de
Thu May 4 11:26:20 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:36:24PM +0800, Hongda Zhao wrote:
> In the /etc/ipsec.conf and /etc/ipsec.secrets files, this doc uses the
> static ip address like 150.150.150.150.But my vpn server's ip is dynamic
> because I use the ADSL for connecting the server to internet. What should I
> enter instead of the 150.150.150.150?

You could use %defaultroute. The IP of this connection will then be set
to the ip of the interface your defaultroute points to.

BTW, don't forget to replace your Connection and reread ipse.secrets
every time you reconnect.

Hope this helps

Stefan

--
Ridcully was about to make an appropriate comment, but stopped himself. He knew
Leonards Reputation. This was a man who could invent seven new things before