[Openswan Users] Adding a new connection.

Brett Curtis dashnu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:10:41 CET 2006

When adding a new connection (linux to linux) to my already working
ipsec/l2tp server, a connection from an XP client brings up this
connection on the server and not the working roadwarrior-lt2p connect.
Why is this? I would really like to understand why this connect starts
up so I can continue to troubleshoot my linux to linux connect without
interfering with my remote windows users.

conn linux-road
       left=23.XX.XX.XX
       leftid=@vpn
       leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
       leftrsasigkey=0sAQNxbQYt.......
       rightnexthop=%defaultroute
       right=%any
       rightid=@Lappy
       rightrsasigkey=0sAQN7/HF........
       auto=add

I am still stuck trying to get linux roadwarriors set up with my current
lt2p settings. I now have PSK for windows and OSX and RSA keys for my
linux client. I have both of them in ipsec.secrets

With that config on my server and this on my linux client I get through
phase 1. but that is it.

conn linux-road
        left=%defaultroute
        leftid=@Lappy