[Openswan Users]

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Mar 20 13:43:32 CET 2006

Gilion Goudsmit wrote:

>>>I'm trying to connect my OS/X Tiger client (IPSEC/L2TP) to an OpenSwan
>>>server running on my Linux box.

> is the one stopping the rest of the process... What's the best place to
> look for 'full' docs on the semantics of left/right stuff and
> specifically nat traversal and OpenSwan's configuration for it?

man ipsec.conf
http://open-source.arkoon.net/freeswan/README.NAT-Traversal.0.6

> NAT-Traversal: Result using RFC 3947 (NAT-Traversal): both are NATed

You also need this patch if Openswan itself is behind NAT:
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/patches/openswan-2.3.1-NATserver.patch
I don't think this patch (or a better one) is in 2.4.5.

Can't you first try a connection without NAT? And if that works, put NAT
back into the equation?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl