[Openswan Users] Renegotiation failure

Snitgen, John John.Snitgen at tnsi.com
Fri Mar 17 11:44:38 CET 2006

Hello,
I am using the line 'ipsec whack --name IPSecTest --xauthname <username> --xauthpass <password> --initiate' to bring up my IPsec tunnel and authenticate against a Radius server.  I am getting this message when it attempts renegotiation:

"XAUTH username requested, but no file descriptor available for prompt"

Is there a fix for this?

I'm running Linux 2.6.14.4, Openswan 2.4.4.

TIA,
John

John Snitgen
Transaction Network Services
(517) 336-1829
jsnitgen at tnsi.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction NetworkServices.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution isprohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact thesender by reply e-mail and