[Openswan Users] Windows Xp client to openswan

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 20:58:34 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 02:36:59PM -0500, Can Akalin wrote:
>     1. At the GUI of lsipsectool.exe, under the Remote Side of the
>        Tunnel, I put the IP address of the gateway which is
>        [1]MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
>        "192.168.1.55" claiming to be MailScanner has detected a possible
>        fraud attempt from "192.168.1.55" claiming to be MailScanner
>        warning: numerical links are often malicious: 192.168.1.55. But I
>        am confused with Remote Internal IP and Private Address/Network
>        Mask part. I put [2]MailScanner has detected a possible fraud
>        attempt from "10.10.10.10" claiming to be MailScanner has detected
>        a possible fraud attempt from "10.10.10.10" claiming to be
>        MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious:
>        10.10.10.10 for both of them which is linux box's IP address
>        within that LAN behind the gateway. Is that correct?

Is anybody else seeing this strange corruption from MailScanner? It
certainly makes these posts hard to read.

I don't think there's a MailScanner running upstream from me. Maybe it's
something on the openswan list though, as the headers contain:

Perhaps this is an Irish installation of MailScanner, to be sure, to be
sure, to be sure :-)

Regards,

Brian.