[Openswan Users] openswan and _updown (quagga)

Fabio fabio.marcone at duet.it
Tue Mar 14 11:12:10 CET 2006

Hi!
Using an empty updown script, route aren't set up. that's right, but now I
have another problem.

situation:
	gateway A  192.168.3.2 <--------------------------> 192.168.3.3 gateway B
	192.168.1.2									192.168.2.3
          ^												^
	  |												|
	  |												|
	  |												|
	192.168.1.1										|
	gateway C 192.168.2.1 <------------------------------------------------------

Each gateway has ipsec.conf 2 connection defined: example gateway A has:
	conn A-B
		left=192.168.3.2
		right=192.168.3.3
		leftsubnet=192.168.100.0/24
		rightsubnet=192.168.101.0/24
	conn A-C
		left=192.168.1.2
		right=192.168.1.1
		leftsubnet=192.168.100.0/24
		rightsubnet=192.168.102.0/24

Problem: when all connection are UP, it's ok, example: ping from a client of
gateway C and a client of gateway B ended successfully. If a connection go
down, quagga updates routes correctly but VPN connection doesn't work,
example: ping  ping from a client of gateway C and a client of gateway B have
to cross gateway A but ping doesn't reach gateway C.

if there aren't solution I that OpenSWAN can't be used with Quagga.

Someone can explain me where is the error?

Thanks,
Fabio