[Openswan Users] Best way to keep track of tunnel status?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Mon Mar 13 19:36:04 CET 2006

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the best (i.e. least resource-intensive) way
to keep track of the status of (an) IPsec tunnel(s)

I know I can do 'ipsec auto --status' (which gives the easiest access to
the state info) or 'ipsec barf' or even tail auth.log, but I was wondering
if there's a better way to do this...

TIA

--
Francesco Peeters