[Openswan Users] ipsec tunnel can't auto delete

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Mar 6 05:08:46 CET 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, netadmin for geo-nwu wrote:

> server: openswan 2.4.4
> client: ipseccmd for windows xp.
>
> ipsec tunnel work correct and can access internel network.
> when i close ipsec tunnel connection use "ipseccmd -u" at windows xp,I can't ping vpn server external ip address,
> only reconnect ipsec tunnel use ipsecmd command.when i down connection use "ipsec auto --down connection-name"
> on vpn server ,ping vpn server external ip address is ok.

If that is the case, Windows does not send a "delete/notify" message
when using ipseccmd -u. Perhaps there is another switch to that command?
Otherwise, try using "lsipsectool", which drivers the microsoft stack
using the ipsec2k library, instead of through ipseccmd.

You can find lsipsectool on sourceforge.net