[Openswan Users] please help, im new in this

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Sat Mar 4 23:28:24 CET 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:48:36PM -0800, victor nikiforenko wrote:

> i'm tring to setup my vpn betwen my home (cablemodem
> 96k) and my office (adsl 256) whit ipsec-l2tp i use
> initialy nate's document ipsec-l2tp but y recive error 786

Are you sure you installed the machine certificate
on the Windows client correctly? When in doubt, use
the Certimport tool from Xelerance.

> Mar  3 21:33:37 linux pluto[17967]: "roadwarrior"[7]
> 200.116.31.216 #15: next payload type of ISAKMP Hash
> Payload has an unknown value: 118

This is a bit odd. Is there really nothing doing NAT?
Is there an MTU problem?

What version of Openswan are you using? What does your
ipsec.conf file look like?

> also when i see certificates in windows givme a
> message your certificate are expired or not valid

Is the internal clock set to a correct time on
the client?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw            mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
Zaandam, The Netherlands  http://www.jacco2.dds.nl