[Ipsec-tools-users] Re: [Openswan Users] nat_traversal in manual keying ?

Pjothi pjothi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:25:46 CET 2006

The feedback from Paul was very useful. But am looking at a very simple
scenario without a DNS. I just need to enable setkey to "udp encapsulate
packets"  irrespective of the presence of a NAT in between. In the lab
scenario where I am trying to implement, I just want two systems to be IPSec
protected, but also UDP encapsulated. (Basically forcing it).

System1
Systen-2
manually keyed ------IPSec proteced + udp
encapsulated------------------manually keyed

Is this already available in setkey ? if not is it possible to add ?

It would be definitely helpful to get some expert opinions to start with.

Is pluto also using the PFKEY interface with KLIPS ?

many thanks and regards,
Pjothi