[Openswan Users] Mac OS X and L2TP/IPsec

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Jun 29 08:44:38 CEST 2006

Alan Jedlow wrote:

> I've setup a test PSK Openswan(2.4.4) VPN server and can
> create a Windows XP IPSec(L2TP) session without problem.
>
> However, when I try to use Internet Connect under OS X
> 10.4.6 the IPSec session is established but then the Mac
> fails to "talk" to the l2ptd service.

What if you disconnect and reconnect? Are you using the right
"Server Address" (IP address or hostname)? It should match the
one in the server certificate. Are you using KLIPS or NETKEY?
Is NAT involved? If one of the peers is NATed you will need to
upgrade to Openswan 2.4.5. Can you post your config and your
Openswan log?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl