[Openswan Users] Error in server.c(782) when compiling

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jun 28 17:23:09 CEST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Mihajlo Cvetanovi wrote:

> I have a couple of questions. First of all, why isn't there KLIPS binary for
> FC5 on ftp.openswan.org? Not even some old release, nothing at all...

We have not had the time to keep that up to date. Fedora is moving very
fast, and FC6-test1 is already out as well.

> Second, is there a way to compile KLIPS binary on one computer and to install
> it on another, so that I don't have to compile the whole kernel on every
> computer with Openswan? If there is, how to do it? Is there a howto on the
> Net? I've searched to no avail.

On another FC5 machine with the same running kernel, run:

rpm -ihv openswan-2.x.y.src.rpm
rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openswan.spec --define 'buildklips 1'

Note that we are hard working on merging the NETKEY and KLIPS stacks, so
that in the near future, all this hard work about stacks won't be needed
anymore.

> Third, what should I do with this error? openswan/programs/pluto/server.c
> won't compile with error on line 782. The source is 2.4.5 from openswan.org
> without patches, the kernel is freshly compiled 2.6.15. I've looked into
> server.c and it seems that LIST_INSERT_HEAD macro is used from <queue.h>,
> which expands to a dummy while loop, and does need semicolon appended (unlike
> the macro in openswan/include/sysqueue.h). I might insert the semicolon, but
> it doesn't seem right to fiddle with the code.

Apparently this is the result of a broken sys/queue.h file on Linux. People
have reported inserting the semicolon works for them.