[Openswan Users] querries for DES in openswan

ted leslie tleslie at tcn.net
Wed Jun 28 04:52:01 CEST 2006

i google-news it, and it appear to be unsupported, probably due to the fact its
not very secure.

I saw this is the news groups

Cryptographic API (CRYPTO) [Y/n/?] y
  HMAC support (CRYPTO_HMAC) [Y/n/?] y
  Null algorithms (CRYPTO_NULL) [Y/n/m/?] y
  MD5 digest algorithm (CRYPTO_MD5) [Y/n/m/?] y
  SHA1 digest algorithm (CRYPTO_SHA1) [Y/n/m/?] y
  DES and Triple DES EDE cipher algorithms (CRYPTO_DES) [Y/n/m/?] y
  AES cipher algorithms (CRYPTO_AES) [Y/n/m/?] y

seems to be showing someone had a DES option in a kernel,
i check my kernel and the is no DES option for klips chipers,
unless 3ES includes DES, but in my  "barf" of my openswan server, DES isn't on the list of supported,
just 3DES

another posting i saw, someone claimed  openswan doesn't support DES,
not sure how positive they are,

youll have to wait for one else to weight in.
you might want to look at your kernel config in the mean time.

-tl