[Openswan Users] dynamic IP question

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Sat Jun 24 13:22:11 CEST 2006

We have had to add a couple remote nodes recently that are using dynamic
IP's.  Two of these nodes needs to talk to each other but if we use the
dynamic IP things are bound to go wrong.

What I would like to do is to create a dns entry for those machines
through a service like no-ip or something run the service on the host so
if the IP address changed then they will also be updated as well.

Would this work?  What problems might I see?  If this IP changes will
Openswan pick it up after the DNS is updated or would I need to restart
the service?  Is there a better way of doing this for dynamic to dynamic
connections?

conn node12-node08
        type=tunnel
        left=node12.no-ip.com